Monday 5 March 2007

Jesus

Your name is as ointment poured forth...
Song of Solomon 1:3

But I found him whom my soul loves: I held him, and would not let him go.
Song of Solomon 3:4

In this tired, dimming old world, give me one word to speak - Jesus. Let my life fade and wither, but let it say at the last that Jesus alone is enough. He alone is worthy of my whole heart, my whole mind, my whole soul. He is light. He is love. Warmth. Depth. Kindness. Austerity. Cold, deep ocean-ness. A crackling flame in the vast, howling wilderness. He is altogether lovely, and he alone fills full the aching, gasping void in my heart. He never fails.

This is my beloved, and this is my friend.
Song of Solomon 5:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's the exact thing I have been meditating upon lately! All of the problems in my life have the same solution - Jesus. I may think that I just need some peace and quiet; that some time alone will help. Often I think, "If I was only more organized, more focused...." But the fact is: what I need isn't a what, it's a who. It is Jesus. He is the answer to every problem. (I think kids in Sunday school get that one right; the answer is always Jesus!!) Thanks for the focus.