Sunday 20 January 2013

Peniel

When You said, “Seek My face,”My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” (Psalm 27:8)
And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. (Psalm 17:15)
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” (Genesis 32:30)
...and they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land. They have heard that You, Lord, are among these people; that You, Lord, are seen face to face and Your cloud stands above them, and You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night. (Numbers 14:14)
He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, He shall see His face with joy, For He restores to man His righteousness. (Job 33:26)
With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you,” Says the Lord, your Redeemer. (Isaiah 54:8)
Then Job answered the Lord and said,
“I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
“Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.”
‘Hear, now, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct me.’
“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:1-6)
And I will wait on the Lord, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him. (Isaiah 8:17)
Something has broken in me...something that has been almost all this past year in breaking - but at last, I have seen His face, that One who breaks and heals again. Worship has returned to my heart. I am tired and I wait still for His healing, but He is mine again, and oh, I am glad. My heart feels weary but free. I will be satisfied in the Christ.
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8)

No comments: