Monday 7 May 2012

Falling On the Everlasting Arms

It is impossible to obey God with my own strength. It's not that stubbornness and pride won't carry me through. They probably would if they could just figure out what they are supposed to do.

Oh, Father. I need you to come and teach me. Put your love in my heart. Let Jesus live in me. Otherwise, I fall flat on my face. Your name suffers dishonor when I do.

It's one thing to talk of forgiveness and loving your enemies, but what does it look like? How did Jesus talk to Judas before he revealed himself? Did he treat him just the same? Did he pull away because he knew? If I could just imagine it, I think I could replicate it...

But you won't let me and my pride have any piece of this one, will you, Father?  This is going to be your victory in me and through me...I'll know it's yours because I'll have tried so hard and failed so often.

I can't do this. It's not only the strength I lack. It's the imagination.

Come and get me, Father. I want to go your way. I want to act like your daughter. But I don't even know where to start. I feel like a fool at every turn. I need you to do this one for me.


And I'm so tired. I know that love could give me eyes to see and wings to fly...must I wait?
Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

No comments: