Wednesday 3 October 2012

Meditations From a Weary Day

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. (Micah 7:8)
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. (2 Corinthians 1:8-11)
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain meThen I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. (Psalm 51:12-13)
Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. (Psalm 50:14-15)
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:32)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)
 Father, You are truth. You can neither lie nor deceive. You are Good. My thinking is mixed up. I am tired and discouraged. I can't see what you are doing with me. I can't control my own thinking and feeling. Forgive my lack of faith and my complaining, which denies your mercy and your love to me. Gather me up and re-order my thoughts and my affections until You are again the centre and the source. Teach me your way, and lead me when I cannot see. Fight for me! Renew my spiritual sight and my strength. Dry my tears. Let me rise like a bird and fly to you. Let me bring glory to the name of Jesus and so joy to your heart.
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare...Yet I am poor and needymay the Lord think of meYou are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.(Psalm 40:5,17)
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)

No comments: