Saturday 3 November 2012

Then Shall the King Say...Come

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)
...I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but rubbish, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings...
Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. (Mark 8:34-35)
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father... (Matthew 25:33-34)
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you... (John 15:9)
What is the joy set before me? It is no crown, no promise of position, no honor. Deep down, beneath the desire for comfort, beneath the weakness that overcomes me in dark moments, is my true desire: to know the Christ; to work beside him; to give joy to the One who loves me best. I wait not for pleasures, nor public praise, nor a throne.

His word, the spoken "Come..." will be worth the loss of all that is mine. Gladly let me lay it down.

No comments: