Thursday 6 September 2012

Hand in Hand

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:30-31)

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands... (Isaiah 51:15-16)

Father, I cannot choose which way to go or what will happen to me, but I can choose to hold tight to your hand or go on alone. Let me keep my hand in yours, no matter how much I just long to run away! Help me to be humble and kind. Keep my mind on others, and not on myself. Show me your way, only-wise God. Conquer my heart.

No comments: