Sunday 15 April 2012

God's Gift: My Friend

Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.
(Psalm 41:9)

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
(Proverbs 17:17)

Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel.
(Proverbs 27:9)

What a treasure is a friend who can be trusted; a friend who can see when I cannot; a friend who loves me when I don't really love myself. Of all the good things to be had on this earth, can anything compare with a true friend? Thank you, God, for such a gift. Thank you for teaching me who my friends are.

"I wish you friends whose wisdom makes them kind;
Well-leisured friends to share your evening's peace
Friends who can season knowledge with a laugh..."
(from Wishes for William, by Winifred M. Letts)



No comments: