Friday 6 April 2012

Rending

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
For His mercy endures forever.
Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever.
(Psalm 136: 1-3)

I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted away within me.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
(Psalm 22:14-15)

Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
(Psalm 28:6)

Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him.
(Job 13:15)

I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
(2 Corinthians 6:18)

I am unworthy--how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.
(Job 40:4)

No comments: