Thursday 12 April 2012

My Fine Pearl

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it. "
(Matthew 13: 44-46)

"Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him..."
(Isaiah 53:10)

My heart has found its fine pearl. Jesus is worth losing all for. Yet I was surprised when I read of the man who sold all he had in his joy. I have cried many tears over my loss for the Christ. What is the difference? He was thinking of his treasure, while I am thinking of the price. Can there be pleasure in this pain?

Lord Jesus, can it be that I have so little understanding of your value? Wash my eyes with eye salve, and let me see a little more of your beauty and your deep worth. I know the truth, but there is so little I understand! Fill my heart with joy at the thought of you, my own precious pearl.

No comments: